Wednesday, May 30, 2007

When I think of Home.....Day 10


When I think of home....I think of a place where there's......love overflowing.....it would sure be nice to be back home....where there's love and affection....And just maybe I can convince time to slow up...giving me enough time....in my life to grow....
Time.....be my friend, and let me start again.....
I WISH I WAS HOMMMME!!!

Ok if you know me at all, yo know that I'm singing my favorite song from one of my favorite movies. But in all honesty, I don't wish I was home, but I have had enough China.

I love international travel and I love the exposure that I am receiving...but I would loooove some fried chicken in hot sauce sooo bad I can smell the Frank's Red Hot right now!!!! And I would like to sleep on a bed with a mattress and not a cardboard brick. HOWEVER, the shopping here has been simply marvelous and it makes everyday worth staying.

After seeing the Great Wall, I feel that there's not much more to see or do...which is unfortunate because I'm sure Beijing probably has more to offer but the tours that the tourist company gives don't really show it. But, I can say I've met great contacts for many things. And hopefully I will be refreshed in my enjoyment of China. Also, having to read five books in four weeks and having class everyday from 8:30-12:20 straight, can make anyone tired of the same thing. Class is soo draining that afterwards I usually go to sleep and wake up at five. After dinner, most of the kids want to go drink (not fun) or talk about school (not fun), or talk about each other (not usually fun). SO it leaves me doing what I do best.....going to the mall!

But bargaining with people is very tiresome if you pick up a purse that you want to pay $20 and you ask the salesperson what's the price and they say $200, when she knows its a fake Coach, and you feel annoyed that she even said a price so ridiculous, so you either say "too much" or start to walk away. and then she cries out "I'll give you GOOD price" and types $150 in the calculator.
Most people don't take it personal, but after doing this three and four times I feel like she's wasting my valuable shopping time and I'm ready to slap her. In utter annoyance, I walk away and she runs after me screaming PLEASE MISS COME BACK PLEASE LADY .... WHATS YOUR FINAL PRICE??? NO JOKING ....BE SERIOUS...I LOSE MONEY......
And I'm like, if you don't stop grabbing me this instance I'm going to have to go to Chinese jail!!!! So when she sees that I'm not budging, she screams OK OK OK ...your price.....your price. But this whole ordeal takes like 10 minutes and its only for 1 item so even though I get a great deal, my blood pressure has shot up and I'm ready to slap somebody!

Imagine having to do this 6 times in one day....it loses its appeal quickly, and by the time you look up its 7:30, the market is closing and you have to come back tomorrow, because you didn't get everything you needed today!

So you can see why I'm peeved!
Plus I got a tan out of this world from climbing the Great Wall...so I'm a bit bummed about that too.
And the food is pretty bad since I don't eat pork, and I really don't trust their health standards!
But its just bad in general, actually.


I seem to be whining quite a bit....I need a hug....but that's not gonna happen so I'll just get some rest...I think we all can figure out what week it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment