Monday, July 14, 2008

Day ?? Day 2 in Rome

Ciao !!!

Its been sooo long and I feel as though I have a million things to share with you all. I apologize for not blogging last Monday through Friday, but it was such an uneventful week, and I was so homesick that I simply could not muster the strength to face my readers.

However, things took a turn for the better when I got up the courage to take a last minute trip to Italy. It was spur of the moment and not thoroughly planned. However God always has his own plans. And he certainly made better provisions than I could have imagined.

Initially, the issue was that I made plans to travel alone. But when its His will that all your needs be provided for, they are. Simple as that. Upon arriving to Madrid Barajas Airport, I immediately met a young lady. She was from Lansing, Michigan, attended Wayne State, works in Detroit, Michigan and is twenty-two years old and LOVES the Pistons. (Talk about a match made in HEAVEN). She had come to Madrid for a few weeks, and decided that she too, wanted to see Rome.

There she stood at the airport, alone, in line directly in front of me. She turned to me to ask for the time, but what happened in the supernatural can not be explained with words.

We became friends and travel buddies in a twinkle of an eye. And I must say, there's nothing like having someone to watch your back in unfamiliar places. We have run all over this city.

She had taken Roman History in high school and was very familiar with many aspects of Rome, and thus had a detailed 3 day plan. I, on the other hand, simply had a plane ticket and a vague idea of what I wanted to see.

Unfortunately, the internet connection at my hotel is unstable, so I wasn't able to blog yesterday. But ALL IS WELL.

I leave tomorrow at 6:45, which means I need to rest, so that I can have a full day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Reese International! Boun pomeriggio my princess come stai? I'm trying to brush up on my italian. Roma Italia is very beautiful! Of course I love the pictures too! Ci vediamo!

    ReplyDelete